Academic Director, Sydney ImagingDeputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)Reference no. 1522/0916
Applications are now invited for the appointment of Academic Director, Sydney Imaging where you will provide strategic and operational management of Sydney Imaging. You will be given overall responsibility for user relationships, oversight of operations, workforce and resource management, and ensure a safe work environment, in line with our Core Research Facilities Program. This position is supported by a continuing professorship appointment in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies.
You will be based physically in the Sydney Imaging laboratories located in Mallet Street alongside the University’s Brain and Mind Centre, where there is a substantial user base and expertise in advanced biomedical imaging. Specifically, you will:
· manage the strategic plan, and key performance indicators for Sydney Imaging to ensure that the facility enables world-class research outcomes in clinical and pre-clinical biomedical imaging
· provide stakeholder relationship management to ensure the University of Sydney is a national leader in the biomedical imaging space
· lead the Sydney Imaging Procurement Working Groups, providing coordination that leads to successful procurement, installation and commissioning processes
· provide operational and financial management for this user-oriented research facility, including effective management and delivery of administrative and technical support services
· provide effective leadership, management guidance and support to Sydney Imaging staff
· ensure industry and market alignment
· manage risk and workplace health and safety for the staff and users of Sydney Imaging
· work closely with other senior Core Research Facility staff to ensure coherent planning and operations of research facilities.
To be successful in this high-level academic leadership role, you must hold PhD qualifications and will have a recognised international academic and professional standing within an imaging-related field. With demonstrated management and leadership experience, you will have the relevant skills to lead the Sydney Imaging team consisting of three deputy directors, three facility managers, and a team of outstanding technical and professional staff. Your ability to make strategic decisions, together with a strong business acumen, will support your endeavours in key stakeholder management and industry collaborations.
Term and remuneration
A competitive remuneration package will be offered for the successful candidate. This appointment will be offered on a 0.5 FTE fixed term 5 year basis with an opportunity for a further extension up to 5 years, subject to funding and performance. This position is supported by a continuing appointment. During the 5 year term of the Academic Director appointment, the continuing position will be offered on a 0.5 FTE fixed term basis. The appointment is subject to the completion of a satisfactory probation period for new appointees.
For information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 23 July 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.