Req ID: 3627 Location: Central Dickson Building - QEII Company: NSHA Department: 3002431 Medical Physics Type of Employment: Casual Hourly FT short-term (100% FTE) x 1.0 position(s) Union Status: Management/Non Union Posting Closing Date: 24-May-17
The Medical Physics Resident will enter a two-year, CAMPEP-accredited training program in radiation oncology medical physics including 14 clinical rotations.
The Resident will be based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in the Department of Medical Physics at the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, which treats over 2,000 new cancer patients per year. The Resident will be supervised by 9 oncology and 2 imaging medical physicists. The facility has been expanded recently with the addition of a new treatment wing and is equipped with seven Varian linear accelerators (including five Truebeam platforms as of 2016, one with ExacTrac/6D robotics), Eclipse and BrainLAB treatment planning systems, Nucletron HDR, CT-Sim, and superficial x-ray. Active IMRT/VMAT, IGRT, cranial SRS/SRT, SBRT, HDR brachytherapy, and total body irradiation programs are underway.
* PhD in Physics or Medical Physics and completion of core Medical Physics according to CAMPEP GEPRC standards
* A working knowledge of radiation safety * Ability to perform effectively as a multidisciplinary health care team member * Good verbal and written communication skills * Good decision making skills and the ability to set and follow priorities * Show initiative and a sense of responsibility
* Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred * Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
* Preference will be given to Canadian citizens**Please Note: Applicants relying on equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.**
Hours of Work
* Long Assignment Full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly * Start date of October 1, 2017 to December 1, 2017
These dates are subject to change
Resident I - II:
$30.1287 - $35.6455 hourly