PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
PerkinElmer, a global leader in technology is searching for an experienced research and development scientist to help drive innovative solutions in our Mass Spectrometry (MS) R&D team. The individual will become a key member of a group of senior PerkinElmer researchers and liaise closely with other scientists at PerkinElmer’s partners and collaborators. This position reports into PerkinElmer’s Global R&D organization.
This position is based in Woodbridge (part of greater Toronto area), Ontario, Canada, at 501 Rowntree Dairy Road, Unit 6 Woodbridge ON L4L 8H1.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Initiate, direct, and execute scientific research with an emphasis on developing next generation technology, trade secrets, and intellectual property.
· Act as a mass spectrometry scientific expert within the R&D team during implementation and process confirmation phases, allowing thorough conceptualization and overall design and testing of new products.
· Influence the scientific community and market via patents, publications, and conference presentations.
· Provide research project planning and time estimates.
· Evaluate competitive products and new technologies from research institutions, aiming to enhance future products.
· Work with manufacturing, sustaining, and service personnel to improve quality, cost, manufacturability, and serviceability of products.
· Demonstrate independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
· Experience and ability to lead and coordinate multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional program team environment.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
· Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree in Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering, with strong computer and mathematics skills required, Postdoctoral fellowship is strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of mass spectrometry theory and components and prior experience is a must (such as electromagnetic fields, ionization sources, mass analyzers (quadrupoles, TOF, and traps), RF systems, charged particle detectors and electrometers, data acquisition hardware).
· Knowledge of Liquid Chromatography (LC) theory and components is a must.
· Knowledge and experience in design and development of ionization sources for MS is strongly preferred.
· Strong instrumentation design skills and troubleshooting ability.
· Ability to make independent decisions.
· Proficient programming skills in one or more industry standard computer languages or firmware.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical.
· Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
· Excellent group interaction and negotiating skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to plan and define research projects.
· Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
· Previous successful academic or work-related experience mentoring peers is preferred.
· Proven track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Company Operating Name: PerkinElmer
Business Address: 501 Rowntree Dairy Rd, Woodbridge, ON L4L 8H1, Canada
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Wage: 75,200 – 94,000 – 112,800 per annum
Language of Work: English
Benefits: PerkinElmer offers competitive Group Benefit solutions via Canada Life/GWL. The plan includes Life Insurance/AD&D, Employee Critical Illness, Long term disability, Health Care and Dental Care plan. PerkinElmer offers a matching Pension Plan after a 1 year waiting period.
Mailing Address: PerkinElmer Health Sciences Canada, Inc., 501 Rowntree Dairy Road, Unit 6, Woodbridge ON L4L 8H1
Applications can be submitted directly to Rose Gallo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.