Adaptiiv has an opening for a full-time Technical Specialist. Adaptiiv is a software application that provides practitioners with turn-key software that enables printing of uniform thickness bolus, SMART Bolus for MERT (modulated electron radiation therapy) and other potential ancillary devices. All products are derived directly from the CT planning images. The software fully integrates with existing treatment planning systems where devices can be converted to STL files accepted by 3D printers.
The Role functions autonomously with minimum of management and will serve as a technical lead to all departments within the Adaptiiv team. The successful candidate will use their technical experience to help navigating the team through an environment and industry that is constantly evolving. We need people who are comfortable with the discomfort of volatility, ambiguity, complexity and uncertainty.
Responsibilities: The Technical Specialist will be responsible for providing radiation therapy treatment planning expertise to the entire team to support all aspects of the business. The role will bring experience to making technical decisions and recommendations and help determine how to meet business objectives. Detailed duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Work with the Adaptiiv team and prospective clients to evaluate, pilot and deploy Adaptiiv software
· Evaluate and plan Adaptiiv and client case studies using Eclipse Varian treatment planning software
· Scan Adaptiiv devices using a CT Simulator and assess quality of prints in Eclipse
· Develop best practices related to workflow between Adaptiiv software and other TPS software
· Help develop training programs for clients, distributors and staff to ensure our products are properly sold, used and supported
· Work with the sales team to develop and provide ongoing technical sales support
· Provide client software installation training
· Assist the development team in the refinement of existing products and the development of new features
· Interface with Product team to help facilitate the ongoing support of clients
· Provide technical expertise to the Marketing team
· Work with radiation treatment planning software and maintain an in depth understanding of dosimetry
· Grow and develop aptitudes with respect to quality and medical field standards including FDA and CE Mark.
· Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines and exceed expectations of quality with respect to robust implementation of software.
· Keep internal stakeholders up to date with timely communication around progress.
· Demonstrate time-management skills and productivity that doesn’t require being policed.
· Demonstrate close attention to detail and have strong powers of observation.
· Work effectively either closely with a team or by yourself, managed or unmanaged to accomplish a common goal.
· Involvement in the recruitment and hiring process to help build and maintain the customer services team.
· Other duties as required
• At least two (2) years of recent dosimetry experience. Graduate of an accredited education program in Radiation Therapy or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with CMD certification. OR;
• Certified Medical Physicists with a minimum of two (2) years full-time clinical physics experience will also be considered.
• Expertise in the use of Varian Eclipse? Treatment Planning System.
• Proficiency in other treatment planning systems an asset.
• Expertise with brachytherapy techniques and planning software preferred.
• Experience in all Radiation Therapy practice domains.
• Proficiency in the use of a CT Simulator.
• Radiation therapy research experience an asset.
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, assessment, and critical analysis skills.
• Exceptional communication and writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload.
• Computer competency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment with moderate supervision.
• Ability to think proactively and with vision to strategically identify and present new opportunities based on industry trends, research and best practices.
QuQualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.