Fellow of COMP
Nominations are being accepted for the Fellow of COMP Award. This honour recognizes an active member who has made a significant contribution to the field of medical physics and to COMP. This contribution is to be in two or more of the following:
- Service to COMP.
- A demonstrated body of work showing an outstanding contribution to research and development in the medical physics profession.
- A demonstrated body of work showing an outstanding contribution to professional practice.
- Through educational activities or mentorship, particularly regarding the education and training of medical physicists, medical residents, and allied health personnel.
Other Criteria that Must be Met:
- Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of Medical Physics.
- Nominees must have a minimum of 5 consecutive years as a member of COMP and be a full member in good standing at the time of the nomination.
- Any member in good standing may nominate an individual for the FCOMP Award.
- At least two support letters are required in addition to a cover letter from the nominator. If the nominator does not hold an FCOMP, then the nominator is required to solicit two letters of support from members who hold an FCOMP. If the nominator holds an FCOMP, then one additional FCOMP holder must second the nomination and provide a letter of recommendation, and a second letter of support may come from any reference (does not need to be a member of COMP).
- In addition to the cover letter and the letters of support, the nominator must also complete the FCOMP Nomination form in order to provide a summary of the nominee’s Service to COMP, contributions to research and development, contributions to professional practice and contributions to education and mentorship.
- Should the Awards Committee deem the candidate to be eligible, (s)he will be asked to submit a curriculum vitae prior to a final recommendation to the COMP Board.
- If a nominee is slated to receive the FCOMP Award, both the nominator and the nominee will be notified by COMP. The nominee will be asked to confirm his/her willingness to accept the Award and will be asked to provide a short bio and a recent photograph.
Nominations may be submitted at any time and those received by 30 April, 2018 will be considered for presentation at the 2018 AGM in Montreal, QC.
2017 Fellow of COMP Award Recipient
Join us in congratulating the 2017 Fellow of COMP Award recipient:
Luc Beaulieu, PhD
CHUQ - Hôtel-Dieu de Québec