The purpose of the Jerry Battista Award is to encourage Canadian physics associates/assistants to engage with the larger medical physics community by facilitating the attendance of a Physics Associate at the Canadian Organization of Medical Physics (COMP) Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM).
This award, in the amount of the registration fee for the COMP ASM, may be awarded annually to a physics associate (assistant, or technologist) who:
1. A brief letter from the applicant indicating their eligibility for the award according to the above criteria. The letter will include:
a. the applicant’s name, address telephone number,
b. the name and address of the applicant’s place of employment,
c. the name and phone number of the applicant’s manager/department head along with indication:
(1) of manager support to attend the COMP ASM, and
(2) that manager has been requested to fill out and submit the required form (Jerry Battista Award – Supervisor Form, Appendix A) to the COMP office,
d. the title of any abstract(s) submitted to the COMP ASM by the applicant or abstract(s) submitted that list the applicant as co-author.
2. A copy of any abstract(s) submitted by the applicant to the COMP ASM, or any abstracts submitted for which the applicant is a co-author.
3. A form (Appendix A) completed by the applicant’s manager or department head and forwarded directly to the COMP office.
The awards committee will evaluate all applications, and decide the winner of the award based on the following criteria:
The award will be paid by COMP upon submission of proof of payment for registration and attendance at the ASM. In the event that the chosen recipient cannot travel, the awards committee may, if time permits, re-allocate the award.
Coming in 2019!